Monday, April 9, 2012

Adventures in Biking

I will probably be doing a series of posts on my bicycling experiences.  I almost thought about another blog split off but decided to bore everyone here instead!

I decided on a mountain bike.  I really had no idea what to get, I don't know a darn thing about bikes.  The road bike didn't seem right and the hybrid bike, I dunno, just didn't appeal.  I went with the sturdier looking mountain bike and what I thought (perhaps mistakenly) would be better grippy tires for the wet weather and gravel around here.

Spent about $400?  $500?  Can't quite remember, it was 2 months ago.  More than I wanted to, for sure, but decided to get one put together properly from a bike shop rather than getting one from the local department store.  I tried that years back and it was a mess and I got sooooooo frustrated trying to adjust it....

It was a lot of money but will be paid for with a few tanks of gas I won't buy - assuming I get good use from it.

So far it's been pretty good.  My fitness sucks, fortunately it's not too far a ride.  I'd be a lot better off though if it was flat and 10 times as long....hills suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment