Sunday, November 13, 2011

I'm Still Alive

Sorry for the severe lack of activity, I've been a busy boy.

School work has kept me very busy and I've been working a lot of hours (what else is new, right?) but the biggest thing that kept me from blogging was my move - yay!

I was down looking for a house, just got back after 2 weeks away.  What a stressful process but all's well that hopefully ends well.  We found a nice house, affordable, with enough room for us and the kids.  It even has a partial basement (remainder is crawlspace on rock) - I've really missed having one.  Enough room for storage, room for training, and a workshop area.

I love the city, we're right on the ocean - fresh seafood every day  :)

The one downside of the house is that it has no backyard and very little yard in front.  I was hoping to put up a large greenhouse and garden and maybe even attempt to raise some goats and/or chickens.  A small (very small) vegetable garden/greenhouse will be possible but that's it.

I'll have to investigate starting a community greenhouse or something in my copious free time (lol), I don't think they have anything already.

I'm moving at the beginning of January, I'll try to catch up on my blogging but things are still looking a bit crazy, there may be minimal entries until my training is complete, sometime in February.

I'm so excited!  I'll be 12 years and 5 months in the Arctic - long enough, it's time to start a new chapter in our lives.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jon! Congrats on the house! I hope you like B.C.
    I got that Mora knife you recommended as my Yule present for me/from me. lol I'll let you know how I like it.
    Take care! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jennie, happy holidays to you! I hope you have a wonderful time with friends and family. Looks like I will be solo for this one. My wife is going to fly to her home town and visit family for Christmas, since this may be her last time up here for a while. We just couldn't afford the extra $1200 for me to go up there too. Plus I'm going to working every day anyway (about 33 in a row until I go, I think), can't turn down the money with all these expenses piling up....

    I hope you like the knife - was it the Mora 511? Or a different model? I still love to carry one around my neck when we go anywhere outdoors :)

    ReplyDelete